This post may contain affiliate links so I earn a commission. Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link.
So that begs the question: What is the difference between the new "QC35 Gaming version" and the original "Bose QC 35 ii wireless noise-canceling headphones"? Feeling confused? Don't worry - the explanation is simple: They are ALMOST identical : except for some added gaming headphone specs, creating a 2-in-1 gaming headset.
What has Bose added?
- A removable gaming module: including a (Discord and TeamSpeak certified) boom mic that plugs into the headphones' puck via the 3.5mm audio jack.
- A PC desktop volume controller.
Find out more below....
IN A NUTSHELL
- Bose has turned the QC 35 ii into a wired gaming headset that will gift you with hours of a deeply engaging, and amazing sound whilst gaming.
- The specs are the same as the QC ii active noise-canceling headphones but with a removable boom mic and PC desktop controller.
- At the time of reporting, the detachable boom microphone is not available to purchase individually.
- Use the headphones for gaming in wired or wireless lifestyle mode.
- Currently, this new dedicated gaming headset is only available for purchase in the USA and Canada.
Thanks to the stratospheric rise of computer gaming, the demand for gaming accessories has also gone up.
Gaming headphones are a top-selling product.
But not every headset is worth the price tag, and sometimes they leave us wondering why we spent so much money on disappointing headphones.
Keep reading our Bose Quiet Comfort 35 ii headset review to see what we discovered about this an active noise-canceling 2-in-1 headset!
As augmented and virtual reality makes way into our lives, the gamer world is booming.
Over the last few years, the number of gamers worldwide has gone up drastically.
According to the Entertainment Software Association, 65% of adults in America are gamers.
Thanks to the rising number of gamers, the industry generated a $151.9 billion revenue in 2019 alone!
The quick answer: it's both.
In wireless, use the headphones for out and about, listing to music, etc.... then plug into wired mode and use the wired microphone to enjoy smoother lag-free gaming.
**Important point** As soon as you plug in the wired microphone - blue tooth stops working - so you can not use these headphones wirelessly for gaming. Which won't bother most people - but it might bother you
It's a 2-in-1 gaming and lifestyle pair of headphones.
This means if you are a gamer who also happens to work from home (who doesn't nowadays?) the qc35 wireless headphones might just be your favorite new device.
Want to know more? Let's jump in and check out all the features in our Bose Quiet Comfort 35 ii gaming headphone review.
How to Set Up: Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II Gaming Headset
Through the BOSE APP, you can:
1. Select the level of noise cancellation sound
2. Access the different headset and mic modes
3. Get tips on making the best of your qc35 headset
PLUS, you can also connect it to another Bose QC35 headset, so your friend can listen in with you at the same time (we think that feature is pretty cool!)
Given the range of features that the Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II gaming headset encompasses, it is towards the devices' pricier end.
The QuietComfort 35 ii best prices we found is $329.95 from the official Bose website or Amazon (around $30 more than the simpler QuietComfort 35 earbuds and around $120 more than the SteelSeries Arctis 7
Wireless Gaming Headsets.) Keep an eye out for a Black Friday offer to see if you can pick up a Bose gaming headset on sale!
What comes in the box?
When your new Bose headphones land on your doorstep, you'll open the box to discover:
- 1 x QuietComfort 35 ii gaming headset
- 1 x Travel case
- 1 x Removable gaming module with a boom mic and 2.5 mm audio aux cable
- 1 x PC desktop controller
- 1 x Micro USB charging cable
- 1 · 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm jack aux cable
Pros & Cons: Bose Quiet Comfort 35 ii Wireless
Overall, the Bose QuietComfort gaming headset will provide you with a brilliant wireless and wired sound experience.
If you have owned many pairs of headphones you'll love the fact that this 2-in-1 headset delivers for game time, listening to music, and providing silence in noisy environments.
In that case, the QuietComfort wireless headphones are the ones to buy.
Furthermore, the headset is light and comfortable, so no neck strain during those extended game sprees!
They're also the preferred gaming headsets of Riot Games' League of Legends, used by legitimate pro gamers in actual competition play, which further adds to the impressive wow factor of it all. (spy.com)
We think the acoustic noise-canceling soft-wear and expertly designed boom microphone alone justifies the high price point, but check out Black Friday deals. You may just pick up these noise-rejecting gaming headsets for a lower price!
We hope you enjoyed our Bose Quiet Comfort 35 ii gaming headset review.
Any comments on our review? Hit us up below!